Friday, December 7, 2012

Tonight I'm Missing My Dog

Tonight I'm Missing My Dog
 
December 7, 2012
 
      Christmas music is playing softly from the radio, yes radio, the Christmas tree is tall, majestic, and smothered in colored lights.  The tiny Christmas tree on the buffet is lit with miniature lights.  The antique oil lamp is lit and flickering nearby.   The miniature Christmas village is on the fireplace mantle. The outside decorations on the porch are lovely, and I miss my dog, Ashley. 
 
      Ashley, a huge fawn-colored racing greyhound I rescued in 2000, left this world in September.  I am overcome with sadness and I am missing her terribly tonight.  I don't have any thoughts of my future retirement or of the fun I will have next year. 
 
      I wander from room to room in my home and wish I could see her watching me from her plush bed in the living room.  That's all I have to write about tonight.  Good night, precious Ashley.
 
There are lots of greyhound photos on one of my pinterest boards.  It's named Animals-Just Animals.  This is what she looked like:
 
Be sure to support the adoption of retired racing greyhounds.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: