Saturday, April 18, 2015

Realities of My Retirement--November '13 to June '14

Realities of My Retirement
Not What Research Predicted
June 7, 2014

  • "I enjoy waking up and not having to go to
  • work. So I do it three or four times a day."
  •  - Gene Perret
    

     Let me say that for the past three months I have not written here
 and I don't know why, exactly.
     Several things have happened in retirement:
     1.  Had a lovely stent placed in my artery so my leg wouldn't fall off.
     2.  Visited my family at Christmas, where I was told I was too negative.  Really?  Yep.
     3.  Almost bought a sports car, a condo, a house, a farm, and changed my mind every time.
     4.  Didn't get a new dog or cat...might want to take a trip.
     5.  Didn't take a trip because I didn't want to leave home.
     6.  Attended my granddaughter's graduation and never saw so many photos taken of the same   people in one afternoon.
     7.  Started feeding a cute but hissing stray cat.
     8.  Watched approximately 10,000 youtube.com videos, mostly from Great Britain.
     9.  Joined a gym and go 4 times a week, so my leg won't fall off.
    10. Spent most of the past 7 months sitting at my computer. 

     So, in spite of all of the research I did during 2013, I learned that I'm not one to take my own retirement advice seriously.

     I even stopped writing this blog for 3 months.

     Why is this happening?  I really don't have any explanation. 

     Stay tuned for my next post, as I promise that I will be doing something exciting and unusual by then, fingers crossed. 

     Time for my 11 a.m. nap.  Ha-ha!


No comments: