Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Cards Have All Been Sent...
 
December 17, 2012
 
      As the Carpenters' song goes, "Christmas cards have all been sent," I have completed my big but fun latest task.  Mailed them this afternoon, including the non-traditional newsletter.
 
      So now I am writing just a few more to complete the fun job completely tonight.
Next I get to wrap all the presents I bought for my grandchildren.  I used that "4Gifts" idea from pinterest and I got great responses.  It was so easy to shop for all five of my "grands."
 
      Hit the wrapping paper section of Office Depot after printing my newsletters, so I have everything I need to at least start the assembly line tonight.  Some may even get mailed tomorrow. 
 
      Now, back to the original purpose of this blog, I have hit upon the ideal retirement activity:  setting up a Christmas card writing service for those too busy (or unorganized) to do their own cards.  But wait...there's more.
 
      I can picture myself helping others write their awful newsletters, addressing envelopes, stamping all the mail, and delivering it to the post office.  How much could I charge to do this? 
 
      I could set up one room of my house to produce everything, like the famous "present wrapping room" of Tori Spelling's mother.  Truthfully, I'm pretty sure there are businesses that already do this. 
 
      If I had days and days to do someone's Christmas correspondence, I could be finished by Thanksgiving.  They could just tell me what date they wanted their cards mailed.  Yep.  I can see myself doing this---for about one Christmas season. 
 
     So, let's add as Number 16 of my retirement activities list:  Run a Christmas card/Christmas newsletter writing and mailing service.  Of course, this would require that my customers only use cards with pre-printed signatures!
 
     I predict this would hold my interest for a full month...the month of my official retirement...possibly.  I might be too busy treasure hunting and fishing. 
 
 
      
 
     


No comments: