Sunday, May 19, 2013

Today My Home Was Robbed May 18, 2013

Today My Home Was Robbed
 
May 18, 2013
 
 
The thief got in through an open window in the back of my home.
I left it open to let in some fresh air.
Photo Credit:  www.painetworks.com



Hundreds of pieces of mail, documents, tax information, and other important papers were scattered all across my living room floor.
Photo Credit:  www.wikihow.com

Photo Credit:  www.tribuneindia.com

     My bedroom looked like this when the police examined it.
Everything in the closet and wardrobe had been thrown on the floor and the mattress was thrown off the bed.  My jewelry was thrown all around the room.  Clothes, many purses, and shoes were everywhere.


     My solid gold four seasons bracelet from Thailand during the Vietnam war was among the junk jewelry on the floor, so I knew the thief was an ignorant person, probably a teenager. 

Here is the four seasons bracelet.
Photo Credit: www.venus-Thailand.com


     My sterling silver flatware service for 12 was left in it box in the middle of the living room, so I knew the thief was an ignorant person, probably a teenager.


Photo Credit:  www.silversuperstore.com

     Sadly, I discovered that the two boxes of many rings I love are missing.  Happily, most of the rings are not valuable, but there are at least 7 that have much sentimental value for me.

     The four Orlando policemen, who arrived after I called 911 for help, entered my home with their guns drawn to see if someone was still inside.  Happily, there was no thief hiding in there.
 
     They said the same thief had just robbed a neighbor of mine a few houses away earlier that day, and in the same way.

     One policeman said that the thief's work looked like he was looking for cash money.

     The joke was on him because I neither use cash  nor carry cash nor hide cash in my home.  The credit cards were
not taken either.

     Oddly, there was no damage to anything and no damage to the window.  This thief was not interested in electronics or other easy to sell items.  He took only what he could carry in his pocket.

     How do I feel about this?  I feel that I am glad I wasn't home at the time, but I also feel this very inexperienced thief wouldn't have tried to enter my home had I been there. 
 
     I hope I can sleep well in my other bedroom after I clean up the mess he made in there also.
 
     Goodnight everyone.  I am thanking God that my life was spared. 
 
     Tomorrow I am going to the animal shelter to adopt a nice big dog!




Click here to see my pinterest interests.  I don't have a board about thieves, however.


 
 


No comments: