Saturday, March 30, 2013

Finally Went Bowling--4 Months Late March 30, 2013

Finally Went Bowling--4 Months Late
 
March 30, 2013
 
    
 

What I looked like in 1986 when I bowled last...
 
What I looked like when I bowled today...
 
     Way back in this blog, November 21, I put off bowling to shop for food for the Coalition for the Homeless.  But I never stopped thinking about it.
 
     Today, a most beautiful day in Orlando, I finally made it to the nearby bowling lanes.  My neighbor went with me, and we approached the lanes with a bit of nervousness.
 
     It turned out to be lovely, although my neighbor didn't bowl, and I'm sure I'll go back very soon. 
 
     There was a ball in the rack on the lane that fit my hand perfectly.  I was surprised that I felt a little fearful as I bowled the first few frames.  I was afraid of falling, not of bowling badly.  That feeling surprised me.
 
     I got more confident, and it was very nice to return to an activity that I had enjoyed.  The last time I bowled was in 1986.  That's a loooooooooonnnnnng time to be away from bowling, isn't it?
 
     Since I managed to make a strike and a spare, my bowling skills may make a comeback with lots of practice. 
 
     There are summer leagues, so I might give that a try, after I give bowling more practice time.  I'm so glad I went, and I am so glad I still like this familiar sport. 
 
     Maybe I'll find a partner and try tennis again...
 
Note:  Images are from a Google search on bowling.
 
 

No comments: